Sunday, November 16, 2008

Vintage Recipes





In going through lots of vintage and antique children's stories, I have also come across many wonderful old cookbooks. One thing that seems to go with sewing, quilting and crafts is delicious eating.  I will try to post recipes from books.  The first set comes from a book, A World of Good Eating by Phillips Publishers, Inc. in 1951.  It introduction says, "Tested in the kitchen of a New England Housewife and published for the Enjoyment of Many American Families." I chose the Scandinavian recipes first.  We are starting the Christmas Holiday Season and one thing our family always had this time of year were lots of Scandinavian treats. So, here goes with what I scanned.  I hope that you will enjoy the recipes and will write back and tell me what you think of them. I also could not resist adding the illustrations they are wonderful too.  My best, Kimberly

No comments: